Question

EYAKA55

Closed an account because the company is no longer in business.
I closed the Limited credit card, because the company has recently filed bankruptcy; however this impacted my credit score negatively. Please advise if I could've avoided this from impacting me negatively. Now the company may open an on-line store, but currently that does not appear to be the case.
Thanks

You woud have learned from the articles here that closing a credit account WILL negatively impact a credit score.  Even if the company goes out of business, leave the credit card alone until it dies on its own. I advise taking the time to read the articles for your benefit.