Question

madagnay

closed accounts removed?
I'm kind of a rookie to the whole credit score thing, but I have a question in regards to the closed accounts. I have some accounts that have recently been moved to the closed accounts, and I never made any payments on them. If they are in the closed accounts does that mean it no longer affects my credit score? is it better if I pay them off? If i do, can I completely remove them off if I have a contractual agreement with the debt collector? or should I just focus on building up my credit score from this point out?

Also, if they are closed accounts, will anyone who runs a credit check see these accounts?

Closed accounts affet your credit score. If they were closed recently, try to pay them off - especially if they have derogatory remarks on them (you can negotiate a pay-for-removal thing with the creditor).

--

If you leave them alone, they will go away after 7 years on their own.

--

Yes - all future lenders will see those marks for 7 years after they were entered.