Question

jenderwin

Closed Accounts and the affect
I have a closed acct on my report that is 9 1/2 years old. There are 0 late pymts reported but it does state "acct closed due to refinance". We actually sold our house. Does this affect my score and if so? If it makes a negative ding on my score, when will it come off? How do I get it off to make a positive mark?

This is an account that was closed in good standing. "refinancing" is NOT a negative mark. Leave this account alone, you want it to remain for as long as possible. Removing accounts that were closed in good standing DAMAGES YOUR CREDIT. Please take some time to do some reading on credit so you can better your understanding and under no circumstances should you try to make adjustments to your credit if you do not have a good understanding of everything.