Question

Nazzie23

Closed accounts
I have 4 loan accounts that I disputed & are shown as closed on my credit report. However, I recieved the bills at home & just realized that I'm currently paying them. What should i do? Should I continue paying these loans or stop because it's closed on my credit report?

Most Helpful Response

These are student loans?

The unfortunate thing about student loans is that they do not disappear until they are paid off.  There is no statute of limitations like there is with other debts and they cannot be discharged in bankruptcy. 

I suggest working on paying them off as quickly as you can comfortably make it.