Question

www86

Closed account (credit card)
Bank of America closed my credit card with an outstanding balance. I made monthly payment plan arrangement for the balance to be paid off. But BOA keeps sending me statement requesting total minimum payment due with interest charges (interest charged on purchases) despite a payment plan I made to pay off the account. My question is this: Should I just allow BOA to take it to collections so that I stop been charged interest on purchases since the account has been closed by the Bank.

Most Helpful Response

It's never, EVER a better thing to let any account go to collection. Pay it off asap to reduce the interest. If you allow a new collection, it'll be wrecking your credit for seven years. 

You should contact BOA and ask for a supervisor or account specialist and try to get things figured out. I would advise you to try to get this taken care of with them as you DO NOT want a collection popping up in addition to all of this.