Question

rjnola90

Closed account and my on time percentage dropped
I have one missed payment on a credit card 2 years ago. Prior to paying off my student loans my on time percentage was 99.4%. After paying off my student loans it dropped to 98.8%. Why is this?

Probably because the paid off student loan no longer factors into the percentage.

Payment History is the biggest scoring and risk factor.  Your Payment History must be 100%.  Do whatever it takes to get it there and keep it there.  If you need to schedule automatic payments to cover at the least the minimum payments then do so.  Carefully research and see what you can do about addressing that late payment on your reports as it will hold you back.