Question

ezrawrr

Close Paypal Account?
Quick question and looking for rationale. Should i close my paypal account [smart connect/buyer credit] i have had since 08'. I recently payed it off to zero (thank god) having used it to pay for books, new laptop, auto insurance, and other expenses at the time during college. I had almost $2600 on it at one time that took about 2 years to pay off. Before then i never put more than ~800 on it and always payed it off in full- before entering my 2nd year of college.

My credit limit was increased to 4,000 shortly after pay off via my request, but realized the horrid APR i was being charged so i never bought what i wanted (new bedroom set for apt).

I only really need it for eBay (I sell occasionally), but i see eBay is separating from PayPal. Regardless, should I keep the account open? Does an open account with no blanace look bad on your credit history? I have never made a late payment.

Should I keep the account open? YES!

Does an open account with no blanace look bad on your credit history? NO!