Question

thsh967

close oldest credit card and open new credit card
I have a Account Central card that I got while I was in college. It is my oldest credit card with the lowest balance and high interest and annual fees. I want to close it because I have no need for it. I also want to apply for a new card in which i can transfer my balance from my Chase Freedom card. I'm thinking about applying for a Chase Slate because I've heard about the excellent balance transfer benefits. My credit score is fair and i'm not planning to purchase a house or car within the next year. I'm pretty stable now and my goal is to lower my balance on my credit cards to focus on finish paying off my car and doing some major overhaul on my student loans. Does this sound like a reasonable plan?

Yes, it sounds like a very good plan.  I have a Chase Slate and no complaints from me.  Best of luck!