Question

zcampbell

Close newly opened accounts?
I recently opened several new credit cards and it lowered my credit age from 5 years down to 2. My credit score dropped about 50 points. I only opened these 5 because they came with cash back offers of 200+ once I spent over 500 or 1500.

They all have 0 balance as do my other cards.

If I cancel these, my credit age should go back up to 5 years overall age of accounts, and some of my credit score should rise, correct? I know the hard query will impact it, but it should raise some, correct?

Correct it will be as if they never exsisted...and your others card don't have a balance so you will be fine minus the hard hits