Question

erin1117

Close credit cards or leave them open unused?
Can someone guide me on this issue.. I get 0% apr cards, and after the term is up, I no longer use the card. So I now have 4 cards whose 0% apr time frames have expired.. I was thinking of opening another credit card, but I am worried about having too many unused cards? Which is more beneficial to my credit score? I have excellent credit I don't want to lose that!

Zero percent cards are excellent when using them to do a balance transfer and pay off debt.  They go to a higher rate of interest  afterwards, but that should not be an issue as long as you pay the cards in full every month when they have been used.  Use the cards you now have, and handle them wisely.  Go back and read the articles here again since the credit education provided here will help you for the rest of your life.  And do NOT cliose credit cards, except under very serious circumstances, or your score will drop.