Question

almondjoy1alis

close credit card to get loan?
I want to get a house & was told that leaders might look at unused credit cards as dangerous & deny ur loan request because of this. However I know closing them will hurt my credit utilization rate. Is it better to close them or keep them open?

Who said so??

I'd question such information unless it came from a banker or other financial source and then I'd ask why. The articles here don't say so.

DONT DO IT!

Do not close any cards prior to going for a mortgage. Please do some reading about credit and do not close or open any new accounts prior to going for a mortgage if you are planning on going for the mortgage in the next few months. If you are not going for the mortgage for a year, then you may want to work to build up your score now, which may require opening an account or two. Do some reading then ask some more questions and we will try to help.