Question

lukinsell

Close an account or use 90% of the credit line?
I'm listed as an authorized user on one of my ex's credit cards. He is using about 90% of his credit limit. Should I have him take me off the card? It has to be better to have a closed account than an account showing 90% utilization, right?

If he is willing to call the bank to have you removed, do that.  If he is not, call the bank yourself and tell them you did not authorize him to have you as an auth user (that is, if you didn't sign an application). It's better to have nothing than to have 90% credit utilization.