Question

aat483

Close a long standing high balance credit card?
I have an average of 4 years credit of my own, but I'm also on my daughter's 16 year (good payment) credit card. 80% of her limit is utilized, which hurts my credit, however the 16 length helps my credit. It's not possible for me to pay it down or get an increase. I need to know how much it will hurt/help my credit to get taken off her card. Thanks!

Most Helpful Response

That is a tough question as you would lose a lot of "age". However, if the card is at 80% it's got to be causing some major hurt to your scores and it if won't be paid down any time soon, I would get removed, it would probably help more doing that than not doing anything. Don't forget to check your FICO scores too now and then.