Question

Tmaenita

Clearing up credit
Clear off old transactions that should not be on report.

I want to clear up old debt.  How do I know which company to contact?  Some of my debt is old where the debts have been sold off to other credit companies which are showing up on my credit.  I want to make good because I want to get this off my record but don't know who to contact first, and to make sure it is taken off my credit history by all debt collectors. 

Dispute the transaction with the creditor/collector and all three credit bureaus.  Go to www.annualcreditreport.com and they'll have links for you to dispute with the bureaus online.  Send a letter to the creditor or collector reporting the account as well.  It will take a bit of time, they're allowed 30 days to respond.  Best of luck!

call the credit pro's the can help 1-877-235-0324