Question

DreaRocks

Cleaning up my CR

I didnt write my question! duh

Sorry for being lame! It is my first time posting on here, so I missed the section to include my questions. 

Long story short, I was in a horribly abusive relationship with a con artist who took all of my money. I left almost 3 years ago!

I have some issues on my report from that time, I have pretty much not had any inquiries until I knew I could get approved for a credit card which I did a few months ago. Here are my current issues, any help would be greatly appreciated!

1.  I have a judgement from my rental company from last year.  I know I paid this within a month. I did not make it to court. I paid the rental comany directly. My question is... Do I go to the rental company and try to get a letter saying that I resolved the payment?  DO I then go to the court and re-open the case to file a motion for a vacany of the judgement?  I belive this is what I have to do, but it seems complicated. I just want to get it off of my CR so I can apply for an apartment in the next 6 months or so. 

2.  I have my student loans which have defaulted.  I am currently in a rehab program, and paying them monthly for a 10 month period of time. And then they will take it out of default, and I will resume payments on the loan. I have 6 months left to pay them monthly in the rehab program. 

3.  I have paid / settled all of the outstanding accounts I had in collections.  I got 2 to agree to a pay for delete. 4 of them, also agreed to send letters asking the 3 bureaus for a delete, but werent sure the bereaus would delete. (the 4 are with 1 company) They told me not to "touch" the bureaus for at least 3 months. whatever that means...

4. I am going to write goodwill letters to the other 3 collections agencies explaining my rough time briefly, and that I am working on my finances, to make sure this never happens again.

Is there anything else I could be doing (besides paying my bills on time, which I am doing -- Even before their due dates)? 

Any advice would really be greatly appreciated. Im sorry for the lengthy post!

Best wishes!

Dre