Question

jaywade05

Cleaning Credit...How To Handle Account in Collection...HIPAA LETTER?
I have been cleaning my credit reports up as of late and having good luck. However I am currently at a point where I need some guidance. I have a medical collection on record that is with collection company commonwealth financial who is reporting it to two bureaus Equifax and Transunion. This debt is 100% valid stemming from a hospital visit some years back when I didn't have insurance. I am at a point where I am able to pay the debt off completely but not sure how to proceed. I know paying it off directly with the CA will bring the debt to current and effect my score negatively. I also know I can request a pay for delete however success on this is very low from what I've read. One last method I've read about is sending a "HIPAA letter" to the original creditor. Basically you send a request for the original creditor to delete all history of this as it is medical info privy to you along with a check for the balance , and they take the payment and everything goes away. Have no first hand knowledge of this but just what I've read...

Anyhow, that is where I am at appreciate any experience/advice!

I am not sure about the "hippa thing", but I have read that there is some success with something about it. I would try to get a "pay for delete agreement" as sometimes they DO work, not so much with credit card companies, but with collections companies there is a higher success rate, especially on medical debt.