Question

EV56482

CK TransUnion says I have a 687 score but 3 banks say I have 595? What's up?

Most Helpful Response

score difference

They use a very consumer friendly model compared to most one of the biggest things I've noticed is that ck places a higher impact value for credit inquiries than is actually the case

I also have 40+ difference. I understand different model can have different score.

But, More than 40 points difference means CK score is useless to estimate my real credit score. 

Any comment?

Why did the banks pull your score?

If your bank pulled it for auto loan or mortgage it will be different. Also, I've found some banks use Experian Fico score more than the others and there might be something affecting your cs on your cr that was not reported on ck. 

What you see on CK are consumer credit score and they use different outdated models to calculate it. You need to subtract 35-45 points from that score to get what the lenders will be seeing in their report.

most lenders at least the ones i've used pull equifax and you stated what your transunion score was but not equifax

the problem also is not that credit karma has a bad scoring system it is that credit karma can only calculate what it knows. Like say for instance you have something on your report that is negative and you dispute it and it is removed then your score could go up by at least 15 points. Now lets say you had something negative that was charged off and you never paid it off it simply reached its course after 7 years and was removed then that could negatively impact your credit score also each agency has a different method of calculating your fico and different things count differently. Like a morgtgage is more on some and revolving credit is next to nothing on equifax. They want more cards etc.

A simple matter of the way the score is calculated, as is explained very well in the articles on this site. And there is no absolute perfect way of calculating the score.

gzzzzz

im getting a card for the 1st time in 12 yrs! my equifax sc is 724 and the tu sc is 726. the ck simulator shows that my scores will decrese by 51 pts!! gzzzz!!! got to be wrong, right!!! if correct, why bother getting a card!!

When quoting/comparing credit scores always find out what scoring models are they from, more importantly, is your lender using it for their lending decisions. We have 100s upon 100s scores out there.