Question

Posted in Taxes

Jennclover

CK states unable to process Georgia State Income Tax yet...still 2 weeks later!
I have submitted my Federal, it was processed and I've already received my return (4 days later actually!). But, CK still states, 2 weeks later, that they are unable to process Georgia returns right now. On top of that, my Georgia county is wrong, and it will not let me edit it. I have emailed 4 times, and each time I get an "escalated" email in return. I was able to print the PDF format for the returns, and it's exactly like what the state of Georgia would use. Should I just mail those in? Or is CK going to submit on their own when available? Which I hope not, because I had to do a double check on Federal for mistakes, and have not done that with state yet. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Same Situation

Hi,

I'm in the exact same situation. I've completed my federal filing but am waiting on Credit Karma to be able to process/eFile for the state of Georgia. 

I believe that people would understand if there are issues preventing CK from processing GA tax filings, so long as CK kept people up to date. Then people could make the choice to wait or file on their own.

Most Helpful Response

Able to file 2/19/17

I was able to file this afternoon! I'm so happy. I wasn't checking everday, so I don't know when Ga started accpeting credit karma retuns, but it worked.

vartgal01

Did you already file your federal before? I just checked mine and I still can't file state

AtlGaFiler93

@vartgal01 I filed my federal taxes on Feb9th. I kept waiting on ck to allow me to file with the state, but I needed MY money that the government forcibly takes interest free back so I can pay off my credit cards.

Same exact situation here...

Same here.  I recieved totally inadequate replies from CK when I sent in questions.  I agree, a little information would be very helpful...

good luck fellow Georgia filers..

Same here

I'm still waiting too. I got my federal return already and just sitting around waiting for Georgia to become available. I'm wondering if I should file with someone else. Will CK have Georgia available within the next few weeks?

Same...BUT

They apparently just updated the GA error to say "it should be resolved within the week." I guess they had to make sure the state of GA would accept CK are a credible software! 

Ready for the refund :)

Still waiting..

Stil no response and still waiting on a way to file GA state returns. I never file paper so I'm really regetting my decision on filing taxes with Credit Karma. Unless I'm mistaken, they no where said up front that not all of the states would be available day #1. In fact, I was told that 2/2 I could file both of my taxes and the site said nothing different. I know it isn't entirely their fault and GA drags their feet on everything, but some kind of a notice or updates would be great for those of us that already used their service.

Confused

I was in the same boat. I just logged in today and apparently creditkarma just submitted my GA tax return on its own. I never even filled it out because it wouldn't allow me to. I hope it's right?

Christopher19782

And in case you were wondering - I did file Federal separately a few weeks ago. I was just planning on mailing in my GA form once CK allowed me to do it.

Bruce8191

Christopher19782 what did your "dashboard" page look like to show you the GA return had been filed? 

I filed my Fed and it was accepted 1/24/17. Ever since my GA just reads "In progress". When I go to the GA "Where's my refund" page and enter my SS and refund amount it says my info isn't on file. 

Did your CK dashboard show something other than "In progress" to let you know it had been filed?

AtlGaFiler93

@Bruce8191, I sumbitted by Ga return on Sunday, but here it is Tuesday and it says my retun hasn't been accepted yet. Is anyone else inthe same boat?

Bruce8191

AtlGAFiler93 I don't know that I've been able to submit my GA return. In short I submitted the whole package which starts with submitting the Fed return. That went fine. I got a message saying GA wasn't accepting returns yet and to come back later. This was in Jan. So I went online and found Ga would beging accepting returns Feb 1. I came back to CK on Feb 1, but then I couldn't access my return any longer. All I could see was that the Fed had been accepted on Jan 24 and my Ga return was "In Progress". To this day this what it still shows. I can't do anyting because there aren't any links to make anything happen. It's just sitting there showing "in Progress". Meanwhile if I go to the GA tax website and search for my return status by entereing my SS and refund amount the GA site says that information doesn't match anything in their files. 

Me too

Well first I resent people saying Georgia drags their feet. In the 10+ years I've filed taxes online and by paper I've never had the anyone ever say I had to wait to file for any reason. But I definitely agree that we need to be kept updated better! Hopefully it'll open up soon!