Question

UnhappyKarma

CK scores are inflated from what a lender pulled from each agency
My scores on CK are above 680 yet when I applied for a mortgage refinance today, I was embarrassed to be told my scores in the high range were more than 100 points lower! This is giving people a false sense of security.

You are right. The Credit Karma commercials say "get your credit score" but what they don't say is that it's not the scores that most lenders use. Most lenders use FICO scores and that is what your lender pulled and yes they can be drastically different from the Vantage scores that you get here.