Question

SammyMarshall88

CK Score great and Fico score is over 130 points lower, please help?
I have been a member of CK for quite some time and have been trying to improve my credit for over two years. I didn't realize that my Experian or Fico score would be dramatically different, over 130 pointers lower so I didn't focus so much on that as I was regularly checking with CK and keeping an eye on things. I have tried to get my deposit back for my secured card and increase my credit limit as according to CK I was doing so well and to my surprise I was declined. I am extremely upset as I feel I have wasted two years, especially since I hired an lawyer (Lexington Law) via the recommendation of CK but cancelled them once my score started to increase. I have one bad account under my name from when I moved to Europe just after high school and forgot about my credit card that I had with Capital One. As soon as I returned to the US so many years later, Capital One advised the account has been charged off and I can not settle my debt. it has been over 6 years since that potential charge off, but after reading multiple things about the 7 year sentence starting over and my newly discovered credit limit I am really not sure what to do as I wouldn't even be able to get an apartment with my Fico. Will someone please help with some advise because I feel so defeated and have been trying for so long to what I thought was repairing my credit and am not sure what advise/info I have read is accurate or the best way to improve my credit?

Not all secured cards graduates to unsecured cards. CapOne don't for example.

-

Have you gotten any unsecured cards?

-

The so call "7 year sentence" on your credit report for charge-off/collection/late payment dose NOT restart regardless. What potentially maight restart is the Statute Of Limitations of being sued. That's usually happens if you had enter a firm repayment plan in writing or promise you will pay (phone recording) and then you didn't go thru with it, as can be seen as brand new contract.

What other baddies do you have?... focusing bit more on your credit report than credit scores, your scores whatever models? will follow when you improve your credit profile.

-

Please, please stop follow recommendations, suggestions and especially the approval odds from Credit Karma, those are no more than marketing schemes.

SammyMarshall88

Hello JohnnyRain127, 

I'm sorry I've only just responded as I had trouble finding my own question on the website to see if it was responded to and thank you for your response

I only have the 1 secured card with Bank of America. I also have a store card and that's it. My best scores on CK hit in the 710's but has gone slightly lower now due to a charge on my store card, which has since been paid off. I have no debt with the exception of the Capital One charge off and everytime I use my store or BOA cards I pay them in full when I get my statements.

I do have a closed account that was paid/settled and has been removed from my report and 1 derogetory account which is the one with Capital One. Other than that I just have a short credit history and no remaining bad marks. I am not sure what the best coarse of action is in regards to raising my actual Fico score because my other two scores via CK are doing fine and are fluctuating as normal. The myfico.com website has advised that my Capital One charge is is utilising 221% of my credit score which I would imagine is why it hasn't moved. However, if I decided to pay it Capital One doesn't participate in early drop off which I have been advised by them and other customers numerous times. I am worried that the Capital One account won't drop off until next October and my Fico score won't increase until that time. I am saving for a home and going to be moving out in the meantime and this has really made me panic as I can't even get approved for a $300 increase on my BOA card. 

All of your advice is appreciated and welcome. 

Thank you.

Samantha

SammyMarshall88

Hello Johnnyrain127,

Are you seeing my response? I am trying to respond but everytime I submit my response to you it doesn't show up that I've responded. 

regards,

Samantha

SammyMarshall88

Hello JohnnyRain127, 

Thank you.

Regards,

Samantha