Question

asolano9

CK gives me a higher score that other credit report websites?716-580 for same credit report agency.
why is the discrepancy?

Why does Transunion score me at 658 and creditkarma at 728???

Scoring Model

There are hundreds of different scoring models out there.  This site uses one called VantageScore 3.0.  FICO is the model most widely used among lenders, but even FICO has it's own different scoring models.

My advice is to utilize this site and monitor any sudden "changes" in score.  It's these changes that will help you detect and prevent fraud.

Scoring Models

There are hundreds of different scoring models out there.  This site uses one called VantageScore 3.0.  F I C O is the model most widely used among lenders, but even F I C O has it's own different scoring models.

Hi asolano9,

Credit Karma provides the VantageScore 3.0 from both TransUnion and Equifax. You may have received a score from one of these bureaus that was calculated using a different formula. Different formulas emphasize different aspects of your credit history, depending on their intended use.

For example, the credit score for an auto loan will weigh your past auto loans more heavily than a score model for mortgages or credit cards would.

For more information on this topic, read this article: https://www.creditkarma.com/article/differentscores