Question

darkmateo

CK asks, do you carry a balance month to month? Please define carry a balance.

The defination of "carry a balance" on a credit card indicates that when the statement is generated is there a balance due on the statement.   It is subject to speculation as to if you pay in full or pay monthly minimum payments, indicating you also pay interest.  In my opinion, the latter would apply.

If you carry a balance over, it means  he bill comes in and you do not pay it in full, leaving a part of that balance to be added to the next month's bill.  That part that is 'carried over' will be subject to interestt charges.  I recommend reading the articles here for a good understanding of how credit works.

darkmateo

Thanks. I'm pretty knowledgeable about credit, but there was just this definition which I thought was debatable. According to your definition, I do NOT carry a balance (even though my balance is never zero.) But, according to faidros' definition, I DO carry a balance...