Question

reh48111

CitiCard reissued due to Target breach. Credit report shows hew card.
Chase issued me a new card due to the Target security breach. My credit report shows a new card has been issued but also shows my account started in the 1970's. Is there a "re-issued" category rather than a "new" one to prevent being shown as starting a new card?. I also see that my credit score did not change. Did this action affect my score?

Most Helpful Response

Typically when an account is compromised the original account is closed an a new one is established, this is usually because the account numbers changed.

Fear not for the history (age, payment, etc) will all be replicated to the "new" account. This should not impact your score, but if information was not copied then you will need to dispute the facts on the account with each of the Credit Agencies.