Question

joe197608

Citi Platinum Select automatically upgraded to Diamond Preferred but already have Diamond Preferred
I just received a letter from Citi that my Platinum Select has been upgraded to Diamond Preferred, but I already have a Diamond Preferred card. I called CS and they said I will have two Diamond Preferred cards now instead of PS and DP. What's up with that? Two of the same card. I have a feeling this will get complicated. I've never heard of a CC company offering or a person having two of the same card but different accounts. Has this kind of thing happened to anyone and if so, should I try and change one of them or just leave as is? If anyone has any info or experience on this strange occurrence not just on this card but two of the same card with different account numbers, I'd appreciate any input. Thank you.

You might ask them if they'll raise your credit limit by the same amount of your current card, and then close out the new card. There might be a small temporary drop in your credit score.