Question

brandnew554

citi just screwed me - Beware
Apparently the credit bureau "forced" citi to change my credit limit. Without notice my credit limit went from $6500 to $2070... funny thing is I had pending charges so now I'm over my limit..... being charged a fee and a higher APR.... apparently there is nothing that they can or will do... I can request a credit limit increase but I'll have to have another inquiry into my credit and on top of that they won't change my APR.... Been a customer of theirs for almost 10 years without ever having an issue. Now all I can say is I will never be doing business with them again after getting this card paid off.

Most Helpful Response

Credit bureaus don't care what your credit limit is, and I can assure you they had nothing to do with the change of your credit limit.  Only Citibank controls that.  Your gripe is with Citibank, not the credit bureaus.  You should visit the FTC and Consumer Financial Protection Bureau's websites and file complaints against Citibank with them.

brandnew554

Oh I know it. I just can't believe that they blamed the credit bureau.... It just shows you that it doesnt matter how long you've been a customer of some of these companies.... they just screw you because they can.