Question

ddaug4uf

Christmas Utilization
I have established about $3000 in open credit over the last year while increasing my score from 510 to 611 on the previous weekly update. I have always paid off the cards each month but because of Christmas, I am using much more of my open credit than normal. I anticipated a drop in my score since my utilization is just over 54% and saw a 17 point drop to 594.

My question is when I pay the cards off in January, will I see a jump in my credit? Do the bureaus algorithms account for only current utilization or do they consider historical utilization history?