Question

rdb87

Chase Slate App
Credit Karma is showing me "very good" odds of approval for the Slate, which would be awesome, I could definitely use the 0%.
My question is this, it asks "Does your credit report show any bankruptcies or seriously delinquent accounts?" I ve never had a BK and i don't have an OPEN accounts that are behind, but I do have two paid collections that still show. should I answer that question yes or no?

Most Helpful Response

If you've never filed Bankruptcy

and the collection accounts are paid then the simple answer is NO 

be careful of applying online for credit cards that sites like this recommend.  Those card companies are the ones that pay for the advertising and leads that the site provides.   Just because CK says your chances are good, doesn't always mean that they really are. I see posts all the time saying that "CK said I could qualify but didn't"  

It's up to you to know weather your chances actually are good enough to qualify.   I never apply for a new line of credit unless i know my score is above 700 and then only by replying to a "Pre-Qualified" credit offer i get in the mail.