Question

creditscorebynick

Chase Sapphire Preffered vs. Amex Gold
I am currently a college student who is going to be studying abroad in Italy in about three months. I have had a Discover it chrome for 6 months now (recent CLI to $1000) and am an authorized user on Amex HHonors (CL $35,000). I have never missed a payment and never carried a balance on the Discover Card. I am looking for a more widely accepted card in Europe (not Discover) with no foreign transaction fee. Which card would be more realistic to get and more fitting to my needs abroad for four months. BTW according to discover my FICO is 729 and my CK is 684.

Most Helpful Response

My personal favorite is Amex.  It would also be a easier card for you to get with a thin credit file.  If your a student you may not make the income requirments for the CSP.  But also Visa would be easier to use.  I'm sure that this is not much help.  I would go for the Amex PRG card, great benifits and I think you would get it.  I would also go for the CSP if you think that you can show enough income.  Both have AF, but both also have $0 for the first year.  Amex will also give you $100 airline credit to use during flight.