Question

Kionoko

Chase Sapphire Preferred Pre-approval and Information Verification?
So, I recently went through a bunch of information change all at once. Address change, name change, my credit utilisation dropped from 85% to 18% and my total credit doubled. This all happened in about two weeks. After that I couldn't pull any scores or reports, but I managed to get ahold of Equifax and I went over what they had on file, and it was all very positive. My scores have been between 698 and 740 on Credit Karma, but that was BEFORE the utilisation drop and the massive credit line increase. I suspect it should be well higher than that.

So I applied for the Chase Sapphire Preferred card over the phone, as I have a lot of travel planned in the next few months, and they told me I was pre-approved after the hard pull based on my credit score/report, but that the verification of my name and address would be required before they approved me. I immediately submitted a copy of my drivers license and confirmed the fax was sent, but they told me that it would officially take between seven days and two weeks, but that it would more likely be four or five days.

Now... I guess the tl;dr here is that my question is, if Chase told me I was pre-approved, and they only needed proof of name and address, then basically that means I actually was approved, right? I'm not clear on the difference.

Most Helpful Response

Yes, it sounds that you are approved providing that you provide them with what they want. Be patient and good luck.

Kionoko

Updated, I received my card today, CL is almost $13K, approved with a score of 753.