Question

sillygringo

Chase Sapphire Pending Review from Senior Credit Analyst
So, I went a head and applied for the CSP a week ago. I am aware of the 5/24 rule. Both my scores on CK are 711, but they are low due to a couple cards that I am an AU on having high balances. According to the simulator, they'd be 751 without those AU accounts.

I've opened 4 cards in the last two years and one AU card was also opened during that time. I have 3 open cards from chase:

Business Ink @ 11K CL
Freedom @ 4K CL
Amazon @ 5K CL

The only card carrying a balance is the Business Ink(2K), which is NOT reporting on my personal CR. I also keep Checking/Savings accounts at Chase with balances always in excess of 10K.

After not getting instant approval with the online app I called chase to find out what gives. They said it was declined due to the 5/24 at which point I explained that I only had 4 if they did not count the AU account and my auto loan.

The did a reconsideration, said they were sending it to the lending department, and said give them a call next week if I didn't hear anything. I hadn't heard anything by Wed. and did just that. The very nice CSR informed me that my application was pending review by a Senior Credit Analyst and there was nothing he could do...

Earlier this week the automated application status line reported 30 days, as of this morning it is 7-10 days.

What do you think? Is this normal? Am I going to be declined?

Relatively normal. A credit score of 720+ is the preferred credit score for Chase Sapphire Preferred in my research. I've also read where, " . . . you will not be approved for the Sapphire Preferred if you have more than 5 credit card applications in the last 24 months. This seems to include business credit card applications, but not accounts in which you’re an authorized user."

You do realize that Chase does not use Credit Karma scores right? Check your FICO scores if you haven't done so yet.