Question

sunp90

Chase Reserve Upgrade - Hard Inquiry....Worth it??
I have an excellent credit score. I currently have the Chase Preferred. I want to upgrade to the Reserve, but they would need to increase my credit line to $10,000. They said to see if they can increase it to %10,000, they would need to do a hard inquiry. I make between $55-$60k.
1) Will I get the Reserve?
2) Is it worth the risk for the hard inquiry?
3) Will the credit increase help my credit score in the end?

Please help!!!

TY

The best way for you to find out is to log into your online Chase account and check "Your Offers". This will be the list of cards that you are preapproved for. If you see the Reserve on this list, then you should be good to go ahead and request the upgrade. A Hard Inquiry really isn't that big of deal. Also, I am not quite sure about the "upgrading" of your current card, read up on this if you haven't yet to make sure that Chase will do this. Your question about how this card would help your credit I will answer: don't go for this card for reason pertaining to your credit, only go for it if you really want it and have good use for it. Extra credit can help with credit utilization rates.