Question

Shivanath81

Chase reserve credit card
Hi, I applied for the chase reserve credit card around Christmas 2016 and provided the required details. Chase processed my application and sent me the card by the 30, but they simultaneously shut down my account. When i contacted the customer care they told me that they've sent a letter of explanation and couldn't provide further service. The letter they've sent tells that theres not enough credit information on the file. Why would they send me the card if they didn't check my credit score?
Will this affect my credit score?

Only Chase knows why...they saw something on your reports they didn't like or they saw something internally that they didn't like. Yes it will affect your score...they did at least 1 hard pull so you'll see a temp dip in score.