Question

kalisti

Chase Hyatt Rewards Card with Fair Credit Score
My credit suffered a few years ago when I missed some payments. It's entirely my fault, and I'm trying to repair it and move on.

I currently have two credit cards – I started with a secured card to start building my credit ($500) and they later added a $2000 line of credit; I was later offered an unsecured, 1.5% rewards card with a $5000 line of credit, and I took that. Both of these are CapitalOne.

The card I want, though, is the Chase Hyatt Rewards card. I spend about $20,000-$30,000 annually on travel, and a lot of that takes place in Hyatt hotels. It feels silly not to be getting points I can use with that spend.

But, my credit score is lower than what I see on this site when I look up that card. I currently have a 663 TransUnion and a 668 Equifax. If it matters, my annual income is around 120k.

I'm wondering if it's worth trying to get the card anyway – do these companies ever give out these sorts of higher-end rewards cards to people with my credit? Is there a way to contact them and try to discuss the situation personally if it isn't approved? I don't want to add an inquiry to my report if there's 0% chance, but I'd love to know if anyone has any tips that might tip the odds in my favor.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Most Helpful Response

You might call Chase and speak with a representative for their take on this before applying. . From my research, Chase wants an excellent credit rating with a 700+ score for this card.

kalisti

Thank you so much for the reply! Do you know the best number for me to call to ask this question? I want to make sure I'm speaking with someone who can actually help me.

Thanks again!