Question

John1701D

Chase Freedom limit
I've had my Chase Freedom card since March 2008 and the limit has never increased beyond the initial $200. Is this normal? I'd like to ask for an increase but don't want another hard hit. My "score" on this site is 659 and I've never had a late payment to Chase.

Most Helpful Response

I just spoke to my friend at Chase.  He suggests you call the Chase customer service folks and ask for an increase based only on your payment history with them.  They can increase your limit without an inquiry, but you have to ask them specifically to do this.  No guarantee that they'll agree, but it is worth a shot.  Make it clear you do NOT authorize them to pull your credit report/scores.  Good luck!  

Thank you, I'll try that!  

Any success with the suggestion from Addison?? My limit is $2500 and my Discover and Amex limits are 10+ times higher than that! I want to increase it....

John1701D

No, sorry.  Like I replied on April 12, they wouldn't budge at all.  No increase without a hard pull.  My history was apparently irrelevant.  I would just close the account if it wasn't my oldest one. 

Well no go.  They wouldn't budge at all and would only do a hard hit even though they agree I've had no late payments since 2007.