Question

bboydploy805

charge to a card that doesnt exist but is under my name
I used to have an old Sears card but it expired in 2008 and i called them about it because of a recent charge that showed up here on my credit report, and yet they cant pull up any info on me in their system. i want to fix this so it doesnt hurt my score now or ever, if anyone has anymore suggestions how to go about this any further it would be greatly appreciated.

Most Helpful Response

Check credit reports annually!!!!

Go to freeannualreport.com and get copies of all 3 credit reports.  Go over them carefully and thoroughly and file a dispute on any wrong item with the credit bureau(s) reporting wrong information.  They then have to investigate and either verify or remove said error.  Do this check every year so that only the correct information is reported for you.