Question

stresamnuahs

Charge Off sent to a Collection Agency, What if the Charge Off is removed from my report?
If a charge off was sent to CA and the original account was removed, shouldn't the CA account too?

I had a Capital One credit card charged off in 2011. It was sold to a Collection Agency in 2014. I just checked my report recently and the original account (Capital One) has been removed from my account. How or why I do not know, I thought there was a 7 year delay for that. Well, the Collection Agency that bought that debt is still on my report. Should it be removed? Can it be removed? And if it is possible, how do I go about disputing it?

A charge off is showing a debt that has not been receiving payments, and this notice proves the original creditor claim for a bad debt deduction.  That it was sold to a collection agency (and they are sold, not given) allows the collection agency the right to attempt collection and report this debt. You cannot dispute a legitimate debt and your post indicates it IS such.  When you pay your bills, you don't have these problems. 

stresamnuahs

I know the definition of a charge off and I know how the process works. So you didn't really answer my question. And for your info, I fell on hard times, and lost my job. So that is the reason of the charge off as OTHER bills (e.g. rent, car payment, and utilities) were more important. And for the past few years I have been on point with my credit so I don't need the advice in that area. Thanks for your "help"."