Question

Confidence523

Charge Off from Creditor that was included in Bankruptcy 7 years ago
My credit union was included in a Chapter 13 repayment agreement in 2008 under the advice of my attorney. My bankruptcy was discharged and recently removed from my credit report. Seven years later after the Chapter 13, the Credit Union reported the loan that I placed under the Chapter 13 as a charge off, bad debt to the credit bureaus without acknowledging that they were included in the Chapter 13 so it appears as if I willfully ignored this debt. They are stating $1500 as the charge off amount so it appears that they did not partcipate in the repayment program. I would like to know if I have any grounds to dispute this charge off because they chose not to participate. They put the close date as July 31, 2015, exactly seven years after I file for the Chapter 13.

I would contact a consumer law attorney that handles FDCPA (fair debt collection practices act) cases. I am not completely clear on what you are saying, but it sounds like this credit union is violating your rights and the law. I recommend the law firm of Kimmel & Silverman if they practice in your state, if not just do some Google searching for an attorney that handles FDCPA cases in your state.