Question

GTS185

charge off accounts
I was a victim of identify theft and had numerous accounts opened via internet . I have spent countless hours disputing accounts, writing and talking to collectors and mailing numerous fraud reports and documentations to have accounts removed. I now have 2 Premier accts on my credit that I have written several times requesting validation with detail information. I have NEVER heard back from Premier, never been contacted by any collection agency. The accounts read closed/charged off. there is no payment history but there is an amount listed on credit report. I have also sent several disputes to the credit bureaus and I still can not get the accounts removed or information these are my accounts. How can I get the accounts removed or should I continue to dispute if there is no payment history but remark as charged off . Will these hurt my credit? I am slowly getting credit back to a good rate...it has taken lots of time and I had to open several credit cards which I pay always early and accounts are in great standing and current

An account reflected as charged off means they stopped trying to collect from you and charged off the balance.  These are indeed negative on your credit report.   You indicated you filed a dispute.  When you did, the credit bureau should have responded to you the results of the dispute.  It probably arrived about 10 days after the dispute and if they were validating the debt, the initial response would have indicatd this.   Once they finalized the dispute, they should have responded with their findings.  What was the result of your disputes in the responses you received from the credit bureau?