Question

Mattcheck

Chapter 13 bankruptcy discharged 5 months ago want to buy a car.
My chapter 13 bankruptcy was discharged 5 months ago my credit score is 660 & 684 I'm looking to buy a new car around 20,000 and putting 2,000 down does anybody know about what rate to expect? I currently have 1 credit card with 100 dollars on it limit of 1000.

That bankruptcy is going to be on your credit report for a few more years and will have an adverse effect on your credit.  You also do not have sufficient active credit history to get a decent loan rate if you could get a loan.  I was there several years ago but have learned so much from Credit Karma and improved my score so well that I was able to buy a new car last year.  Please read the articles on this site since teaching about credit is the sole purpose of Credit Karma and they do so very well. 

Mattcheck

I still pay my mortgage monthly but with the bankruptcy laws it shows closed but I read that if i get a 12 month payment history from them that usually will help.