Question

DineshbabuB

Changing closed account status from "closed at grantor's request" to "closed at consumer's request"
I opened an secured credit card with BOA but because of some process issue with BOA, i received the card with blocked status. I opened an unsecured card with BOA and i received an active card(i applied for secured because of less score and later i got approved with unsecured card). Now in my credit history, it shows one active account and one closed account with status (closed at credit grantor's request). The secured account got closed fully because of the mishandling from lendor's side. So the bank is agreeing to change the closed card status to "closed at consumer's request".

Will this help my credit score? or this will impact more on my score?

They are also check if there is a possiblity of removing the account totally from my credit report. Will this help?

Its best to go with remove the closed account entirely from report or change the status to "closed at consumer's request".?

Please advice.

tat closed account is in good standing

tat closed account is in good standing