Question

CoMom2

Change name on utilities or cancel accounts?
I am moving, but my husband is staying in the house. All utility accounts (xcel, comcast, etc) are in my name. Would love some advice on whether to cancel accts and have him open new or just change to his name. Also, if he doesn't pay but acct is in his name and we are legally still married, will it adversely affect my credit Thanks for your help.

You want your name off of these bills as soon as you move out. You will need to contact the companies and close the accounts that are in your name, let the companies know that your husband would like things transferred over to him if possible, but DO NOT leave your name on the accounts.