Question

Puzzled424

Change in credit score
5 yrs ago my credit score was 845 when I applied for a car loan. Now my loan is paid off, as well as my house and I pay off my credit card every month so I never carry a balance. But now my credit score is 780. Why would it go down?

Most Helpful Response

Don't worry.

as you have only been on CreditKarma for a month or less,  take it the 845 is a different Credit Score (maybe from the lender)  then the 780  that you see here at Credit Karma.   99.9999% sure they are Different Credit Score Models. 

because you paid off to of the largest crediit lines most people tackle a car and a home....take out another car loan and buy another house if you want the points back...but 780 will get you the same rates a 845 will....i'd rather be debt free (minus 6k on CC's but 10k in the bank) oh wait i am as well and my score is a 724 was 769 but with 2 new cards 0% APR I don't pay them down yet

Puzzled424

Oh, no,,,,,it's not worth going into major debt again to get my 845 back! As long as 780 will get me the same interest rates as 845, I'll live with the lower score.  I can see that you're not tied up in knots about your score going down a little.  Thanks for putting it into perspective.