Question

heyzlizz

Ch 13 dismissed...not discharged....now what?
I filed Ch 13 in 2/2014...everything was going great...then lost my job in 1/2016 and I've been in trouble ever since. I have NOT been able to keep up with my Ch 13 payments so the Trustee DISMISSED/CLOSED my case. I know this allows my creditors the opportunity to come back out of the cracks and try to collect. After reviewing my CK report, most of the creditors that were previously included in the original Ch 13 have charged off and $0 due...what are the chances they will restart the collection process if I was to refile Ch 13 again? Also, how do I determine what my outstanding balance is for those creditors if they are able to restart their collection process and add interest and late fees...should I contact them all on my own?

Another question is...would it be better to NOT refile Ch 13 and try to settle with the creditors directly using the pay as much as I can process?