Question

MarkTime1

Cdrdit History Improvement by cancelling 2 little newer accounts
Wud cancelling "0" balance $5K Amazon & Marriot Rewards cards improve the age of my credit history?

Most Helpful Response

It could, but it would also increase your utilization by decreasing your overall credit limits.

Credit History Improvement

On 9/21/13 I had a 5K limit credit card close and am choosing not to renew it. My Credit Score went up.

Today I closed 2 added "CHASE" cards with a credit limit of 6K and transferred 5.5K to another older "CHASE" card credit limit. The 2 "CHASE" cards closed with "0" balances and were fully paid on time throughout their life. Now we'll see how Credit Karma calculates the effects of my closures. Ill keep you advised of the outcome.

In researching Credit Carma notes to decide on my these added closures; I noted that another senior citizen had been effected by credit accounts lapsing beyond 10 years. While the protocol may conform to prrefered practice; I'd observe that this action is suspect for skewing "elders" againts "youngers".