Question

Kaitlyning

CC and Bank accounts at same bank - will it influence CC application?
Say if i want to open a Credit Card with Chase bank (like Slate)... i also have a checking and savings account with Chase. Can the Chase CC people who approve or disprove my application see my checking and savings balance? Just curious if waiting a few days until my check deposits in my checking would make a difference in my credit card application.

I believe the banking arm and the credit arm are separate busines units, so the credit dept might not be able to see your banking (and you dont really want them to see your banking). Some branded credit cards are also managed and financed by a third party, so Chase might not have anything to do with it, even though their name is on the card.

Now, that's not to say that the organization doesn't have a system to denote multiple product customers or customer loyalty, but that's a question for them, not us. Try calling the customer service number on the CC application and ask about it.