Question

Posted in Site Suggestions

LikeFreeMoney

Caution: Recomendations need a tune up
I made 3 purchases financed at 0% interest for 60 months. They are all set up with automatic monthly payments to pay off in 59 months, thus avoiding ever paying a single penny in interest. I also have a cash back credit card that I use for almost all daily purchases. This is also set up to automatically pay my statement balance in full, from my checking account, on the first of every month, also avoiding all interest charges. Credit Karma recommends that I consolidate all of these balances into a single 5.6% loan with one of their advertisers. That is pretty darn poor, self serving, advise. I'm retired, have a credit score over 800 and regularly check Credit Karma as a hedge against identity theft. I could have paid cash for all these purchases, but I like free money, leaving my retirement savings to continue to work for me. I wasn't really looking for advise and only looked at the recommendations out of curiosity. I'm only writing this as a caution that while I'm that most of their advise is solid, be sure and think it through before you act.

Don't sweat it.  It's a bulk mail, only on the internet, and like other bulk mailings, you do not have to accept any offer you receive..