Question

hfsac003

Causes for thin file

HI! Question- I just signed up for Credit Karma (What took me so long?!) and saw an incorrect negative item. I filed a dispute with Transunion, and within one hour I came back to CK to check Equifax report and now it says I have no profile because "Transunion says I have a thin file." I don't, trust me haha. And I was perusing all my info on CK literally ONE hour ago. Is this because Transunion is "hiding" (for lack of a better term) my credit report while they investigate my dispute? Thank you! LOVE this site!!!!

A thin file means there is not enough recent data to calculate an accurate score. You'll need at least six months of recent activity from open accounts before the credit bureaus can calculate a current score for you.