Question

Yoko88

Cash Back Cards
My credit scores are TU 703, EQU 718. I've had credit for 12 months with Capital One(no late payments, and payment history(on time). Fingerhut 12 months credit(no late payments, and payment history(on time). Looking for best cashback card for my credit history, and my credit worthiness.

Cash back cards

Either Citi or Bank of America.  They both have good cash back cards. 

but don't let the cash back be the deciding factor of a card.  A card that gives you 1% of the total that you spend but costs you 20% in interst isn't really saving you any money.  It's like they lowered your interest to 19%  So is that really a savings? Unless you can pay off the card each and every month and never ever carry a balance you aren't really getting anything back.  The Cash back credit cards are just the latest gimmick to get people to sign up.  Personally, I'd take lower interest rates over cash back

To earn $100 in cash back at 1%  you need to spend $10,000.  So Think of your monthly average spending on credit cards and ask yourself if its really that important.

Most Helpful Response

Bank of america has 3% cash back and i like the card. I use it for gas purchases only, and i pay it every month before the due date so i don't get charged inteest. I have earned $75 in 6 months, not great but nice.