Question

trojansouthpaw05

Carrying balances
I Just have a quick question about carrying balances on credit cards. My wife and I have a joint Chase credit card together, and we pay off the balance every month, yet in my credit karma account it shows that we have a balance on the card and counts against my credit utilization percentage. I thought that if a credit card was paid in full every month that it wouldn't count against my utilization percentage. Where am I going wrong? Thanks in advance for any help!

the balance at the end of your billing cycle is reported. so it's possible you make your payment on time, after the cycle closes, never pay any interest or late fees, and still have a balance reported. if you want a zero balance reported, get your payment in and cleared before the end of the billing statement.