Question

quicknick

Cards closed for non use?
I have a couple of the bigger named cards with zero balances I just do not use but keep open for reporting. Do the card companies actually close the accounts after a while, and how long does it take them? I should use them but dont. Thanks!

You've been here longer than I have.  I read the articles and have a good understanding of credit.  YES, they can close your cards for non-use and the time period is up to them.  Why not use the cards to pay a regularly recurring bill like auto insurance, cell phone,cable/satellite TV, then pay the credit cards every month. My Netflix is on one card, Cable on another, Vitamins on another. Keeps the cards active, saves a bit of hassle and helps the score.